- Luxury Daily - http://www.luxurydaily.com -
Luxury FirstLook 2013 New York conference Jan. 16: Bentley Motors, Tourneau, Forrester Research, Waldorf Astoria, Tumi, St. Regis
Posted By Staff reports On November 8, 2012 @ 10:30 am In Luxury FirstLook,Resources | No Comments
Registration is open for the Luxury FirstLook: Strategy 2013 conference Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013 featuring speakers from Bentley Motors, Tourneau, Waldorf Astoria, Tumi, St. Regis, Forrester Research, Polar Mobile, Affluent Insights, Kargo and The Luxury Institute. This daylong New York event is a must-attend for luxury brands, luxury retailers, ad agencies and publishers looking to develop and implement luxury marketing and retail strategies and tactics in 2013, a year where economic uncertainty may slow growth and affect consumer spending.
At this exclusive summit organized by this publication at the National Museum of the American Indian across from Manhattan’s Battery Park downtown, attendees will get to listen and meet with key executives moving the needle for luxury marketing and retail. The conference, whose agenda is below, will be limited to only 200 delegates.
“The luxury industry proved its mettle over the past few years, weathering economic slowdown and worries over emerging markets in Asia,” said Mickey Alam Khan, editor in chief of Luxury Daily, New York. “Such resilience is the result of putting the customer first.
“But there is still the potential for surprise in 2013 if Chinese growth slows, Europe does not recover and technology is not fully embraced to continue the dialogue and strengthen loyalty bonds with new and existing customers,” he said. “Besides good product, smart marketing and holding the price line are essential for luxury marketers seeking to maintain their growth trajectory.”
This conference will help luxury marketers set out customer-first priorities with attention paid to maintaining brand integrity while adopting new mobile and social technology and marketing, the path to a multichannel strategy and the future of content and media.
Also under discussion will be marketing to a new generation of luxury customers, the impact of Web experiences on luxury retailers over the holidays, moving from one-touch to high-touch and emerging luxury trends. A market research session will focus on how customer experience is not only transforming but defining luxury brands.
Attendees will get access to all presentations made at the event.
The event is priced at $595 for the day, which includes breakfast, lunch and cocktails. Refunds will not be given 72 hours before the event or no-shows on the day of the conference.
For sponsorship, please contact email@example.com  for prompt attention.
Luxury FirstLook: Strategy 2013  is part of this publication’s exclusive summit series.
The summit agenda can also be accessed via http://www.luxuryfirstlook.com .
The agenda is below.
Luxury FirstLook: Strategy 2013 
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013
A Napean presentation
National Museum of the American Indian
New York, NY 10004
(Directions: Directly across from Battery Park in downtown Manhattan and at the beginning of Broadway)
8 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
8:45 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Welcome Address: Holding the luxury line in an uncertain global economy
Mickey Alam Khan, editor in chief, Luxury Daily
9 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Bentley Motors: How the leading luxury auto brand makes key marketing strides while maintaining its heritage
As one of the most storied luxury automakers worldwide, Bentley Motors knows a thing or two about handcrafted luxury, elegant design, zesty performance and classic style. Yet it lives in a highly competitive market vying for the same discerning, upscale customer who wants all of these qualities in a car and more. The focus going forward is to co-opt technology, incorporate smarter marketing and yet keep the brand mystique alive. In this session, attendees will learn:
- Bentley’s theme for the year ahead
- How the luxury car consumer is evolving
- How to deliver outstanding product, remain at the forefront of technology and still maintain brand integrity while moving the label into the future
- Bentley’s focus on customer satisfaction via a strong dealer network
- How company executives are accessible to customers through event marketing
Christophe Georges, president and chief operating officer, Bentley Motors Inc.
9:45 a.m. – 10 a.m.
10 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Tourneau: Why building a multichannel strategy is the path to long-term growth for the No. 1 luxury watch retailer
With 38 retail stores nationwide and PC and mobile sites, Tourneau is the largest retailer of watch brands such as Piaget, Cartier, TAG Heuer, IWC, Panera, Breguet and Patek Philippe. The company is working hard to deliver consistent experiences across its bricks-and-mortar, PC Web and mobile Web stores for items that are high-touch. With smarter outreach, it is also marching with the times to keep pace with today’s consumer. This session will discuss:
- Why a multichannel presence across all platforms supported by consistent experiences throughout is key in this environment
- What does today’s luxury watch customer expect from offline, online and mobile touch points
- Why the human element is key in each customer touch point, even in this tech-driven age
- How Tourneau’s iPad application for its sales associates lets them interact with their clientele
- Tips for luxury retailers in this economy
Don McNichol, senior vice president of marketing and digital, Tourneau
10:45 a.m. – 11 a.m.
11 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Forrester Research: How customer experience transforms and defines luxury brands
As one of the world’s most respected market researchers, Forrester Research has a bird’s-eye view of companies’ best and worst habits. What makes good brands stand head and shoulders over their rivals is an unalloyed focus on customer experience – something that is a key differentiator for luxury marketers. In this session, attendees will learn:
- Why you need your customers more than they need you
- The role of customer experience in a cut-throat luxury market
- The rise of the chief customer officer – and why luxury brands need one
- Six disciplines of customer experience in the upscale context
Harley Manning, research director for customer experience, Forrester Research, and coauthor of Outside In: The Power of Putting Customers at the Center of Your Business
11:45 a.m. – Noon
Noon – 12:45 p.m.
St. Regis Hotels & Resorts: Marketing to Generation luXurY
Part of Starwood’s luxury portfolio which also includes the Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, St. Regis is in the midst of the biggest growth spurt since its launch. The brand will have nearly tripled its portfolio from 11 properties in 2008 to 31 in 2012 – with more hotels opening than at any other time in its history. However, these hotels are not the fusty sort, but growing off the traditional luxury grid to cater to a whole new generation of luxury consumers. After all, 85 percent of St. Regis’ guests are Generation X or Y, born after 1961. In this session, attendees will learn:
- How the luxury customer profile has evolved in the past few years
- Marketing to Generations X and Y: the St. Regis way
- How St. Regis ties initiatives around brand passions
- Positioning the Luxury Collection as “the destination authority”
- Continuing a luxury growth strategy in this economy, including the restoration of icons
Paul James, global brand leader, St. Regis and The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts
12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Why the future of content and media is mobile
The content and media landscape is undergoing tremendous transformation as readers continue the move from print to online, mobile and social platforms. Monetization via advertising and paid subscriptions is a challenge for most publishers and content producers. In this session, attendees will learn:
- What content consumption on mobile phones and tablets means for luxury-focused media brands with legacy interests
- Content monetization is still a hot topic, but mobile advertising is not returning any meaningful revenue yet. Some are calling for the end of freemium, so what monetization options do publishers have?
- Applications and mobile Web have been battling for supremacy for years, but app traffic regularly beats the mobile Web and, in some cases, the PC Web. Time to call a winner?
- Responsive Web design: an idea whose time has come?
- Why 2013 is key for luxury-focused publishers and content owners who want to be on the right side of mobile
Kunal Gupta, CEO, Polar Mobile
2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Recapping the impact of Web experiences on luxury retailers over the holidays
While the holiday season is not typically make-or-break for luxury brands and retailers, it does matter to their bottom line. Customer expectations and demands are heightened over the holidays and any slight failure is magnified. Given that luxury brands and retailers are all about delivering flawless experiences, products and services, how did they fare this holiday season? This session will discuss:
- How luxury retailers compared with their mainstream counterparts over the holidays
- Gaining insight into Web site purchase behavior
- Understanding the role and purpose of online and mobile experiences
- How did luxury brands perform selling via third-party retailers versus their own direct channels
- Success from a consumer’s perspective
- What does today’s luxury customer want – and how to deliver on those expectations
Larry Freed, president/CEO, ForeSee
2:45 p.m. – 3 p.m.
3 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Waldorf Astoria: Moving from one-touch to high-touch for the modern luxury marketer
Home to the U.S. president while in New York, the Waldorf Astoria hopes to deliver the same experience to similar discerning customers worldwide. The Hilton-owned group is on a tear to open new Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties, keeping in mind customer service and luxury experiences demanded by its clientele. In this session, attendees will hear:
- Economic forces shaping the luxury industry’s outlook and the shift to personalized experiences
- The economic state of luxury
- How Waldorf Astoria manages a balancing act of pushing growth and innovation while delivering unique luxury experiences
- The reasoning behind True Waldorf Service
- How to bring luxury experiences to life for consumers via social media
- Tips for luxury brands
John Vanderslice, global head of luxury and lifestyle brands, Hilton Worldwide
3:45 p.m. – 4 p.m.
4 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Emerging luxury marketing and retail trends in 2013 – and preparing for left-field surprises
Luxury brands and retailers enter a new year not knowing whether it will be an improvement over 2012 or if the status quo is the “new and improved.” One thing is certain: a tough economy did not stop the luxury consumer from spending. Was it smart marketing, great product or extreme brand loyalty that kept the largest luxury houses – and even the smaller players – growing larger and stronger? The panel will dissect issues such as:
- Outlook for the economy in 2013: what luxury marketers should anticipate
- China: long or short?
- Consolidation in the luxury industry: good, bad, more?
- Mobile, social, Web: dilute the brand or strengthen it?
- Holding the price line: how difficult will it get?
- Hanging on to customer loyalty: is it getting easier?
- Extreme personalization: what does today’s luxury customer really want?
- Maintaining the luxury brand’s mystique: is it possible in this day and age?
Michelle Cutter, vice president of ecommerce and marketing, Tumi
Milton Pedraza, CEO, The Luxury Institute
Harry Kargman, CEO, Kargo
Chris Ramey, president, Affluent Insights
Mickey Alam Khan, editor in chief, Luxury Daily
Raffle for Dom Perignon
5:45 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.
Sponsored Cocktail Hour
Hotels in the Lower Manhattan neighborhood (from nearest to farthest):
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City – Financial District , 8 Stone Street, New York, NY 10004; tel: 212-480-9100; please click here for the Web site 
Article printed from Luxury Daily: http://www.luxurydaily.com
URL to article: http://www.luxurydaily.com/luxury-firstlook-2013-new-york-conference-jan-16-bentley-motors-tourneau-forrester-research-waldorf-astoria-tumi-st-regis-22/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.luxurydaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Bentley-Mulsanne-185.jpg
 Please click here to register for the Luxury FirstLook: Strategy 2013 conference on Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013: http://mobilemarketer.com/conferences/luxury_firstlook.php
 Image: http://www.luxurydaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/The-St-Regis-New-York-185.jpg
 Image: http://www.luxurydaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Women-with-bag-185.jpg
 firstname.lastname@example.org: mailto:email@example.com
 http://www.luxuryfirstlook.com: http://www.luxuryfirstlook.com
 DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City – Financial District: http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/NYCBPDT-DoubleTree-by-Hilton-Hotel-New-York-City-Financial-District-New-York/index.do
 The Ritz-Carlton Battery Park: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/NewYorkBatteryPark/Default.htm
 New York Marriott Downtown: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycws-new-york-marriott-downtown/
 W New York Downtown: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3154
 Millennium Hilton: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/NYCMLHH-Millenium-Hilton-New-York/index.do
 Image: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luxurydaily.com%2Fluxury-firstlook-2013-new-york-conference-jan-16-bentley-motors-tourneau-forrester-research-waldorf-astoria-tumi-st-regis-22%2F&t=Luxury+FirstLook+2013+New+York+conference+Jan.+16%3A+Bentley+Motors%2C+Tourneau%2C+Forrester+Research%2C+Waldorf+Astoria%2C+Tumi%2C+St.+Regis
 Image: http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luxurydaily.com%2Fluxury-firstlook-2013-new-york-conference-jan-16-bentley-motors-tourneau-forrester-research-waldorf-astoria-tumi-st-regis-22%2F&title=Luxury+FirstLook+2013+New+York+conference+Jan.+16%3A+Bentley+Motors%2C+Tourneau%2C+Forrester+Research%2C+Waldorf+Astoria%2C+Tumi%2C+St.+Regis
 Image: https://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.luxurydaily.com%2Fluxury-firstlook-2013-new-york-conference-jan-16-bentley-motors-tourneau-forrester-research-waldorf-astoria-tumi-st-regis-22%2F&text=Luxury+FirstLook+2013+New+York+conference+Jan.+16%3A+Bentley+Motors%2C+Tourneau%2C+Forrester+Research%2C+Waldorf+Astoria%2C+Tumi%2C+St.+Regis&via=LuxuryDaily
Copyright © 2011 Mobile Commerce Daily. All rights reserved.