As millennials enter the ranks of first- and second-home buyers, interest in property and furnishings is bound to rise – and evolve differently from boomer and Gen X tastes.
Younger affluent buyers – who also influence the older cohorts – want comfort and convenience in their homes and furnishings with key requirements: clean design, concierge facilities, smart-home connectivity and eco-friendly furniture, fixtures, appliances, plumbing and energy sources.
What effect will these consumers have on design, materials and marketing? How will developers, architects, interior decorators and technology companies adapt and cater to an affluent market that wants to imbue its values in homes, be they on land, sea or air? What role will designers play in the market as efforts to dabble in product manufacturing falter and furniture brands consolidate? How can luxury brands furnish homes with products such as furniture, linens, china, rugs, appliances and objets d'art that increasingly do not simply signal opulence and yet embody quality and uniqueness?
In this free hour-long webinar hosted Wednesday, Aug. 21 at noon to 1 p.m. New York time by Luxury Daily, panelists will discuss:
- What factors are driving property sales in key affluent markets worldwide?
- What do consumers want to see in their home furnishings that should inform manufacturers, marketers and service providers in their current and future offerings?
- What role is technology, ecommerce and social media playing in informing home and furnishings’ tastes and shaping behavior across all generations?
- Brands that are getting it right in the home furnishings space
- Best-practice tips for marketers to tap into the zeitgeist while also retaining their core values as they meet home and furnishing market demands
Katy Olson, editor, Architectural Digest Pro
Jon Hall, product and marketing director, JennAir
Chris Ramey, president, The Home Trust
Stephanie Anton, president, Luxury Portfolio International
Moderator: Mickey Alam Khan, editor in chief, Luxury Daily
Webinar attendees can request a copy of the presentation deck
This Luxury Roundtable webinar is part of Luxury Daily's mission to inform, educate and inspire its valued subscribers. Thank you so much for your willingness to spend a precious hour with us.