The fashion and leather goods business is in the best of times and the worst of times.
The best of times because of new designer talent that is breathing fresh air into storied fashion labels that threatened to become yesterday’s news. Worst of times because of the speed of change hacking away at the very underpinnings of the luxury fashion, accessories and leather goods business.
Eyeing the potential lifetime value of courting affluent millennials and Gen Z consumers, luxury fashion brands and makers of leather goods have to check the various boxes to meet the smell test: Are their products eco-friendly? Did the animals who offered skin and hair lead a humane life? Do the brands’ values align with their consumers? Do the products fit their casual lifestyle? Does the brand story ring true? Is there an experiential component attached to the shopping and buying experience, be it online, mobile or in-store? Is the ecommerce approach up to scratch?
In this hourlong webinar on Wednesday, May 15 at 12 noon ET to 1 p.m. ET (New York time), speakers will discuss:
• What are the defining challenges facing fashion and leather goods?
• What expectations do millennials and Gen Z have that differ from boomers and Gen X?
• How should brands’ future-proof their marketing and retail efforts to stay relevant?
• Examples of fashion and leather goods brands who are getting it right
• Best-practice tips for fashion and leather goods brands for longevity
Beth Goldstein, executive director and industry analyst for accessories and footwear, NPD Group
Danilo Venturi, director, Polimoda
Moderator: Mickey Alam Khan, editor in chief, Luxury Daily
Webinar attendees can request a copy of the presentation deck
This Luxury Roundtable webinar is part of Luxury Daily's mission to inform, educate and inspire its valued subscribers. Thank you so much for your willingness to spend a precious hour with us.